Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Petra Nemcova fulfilled her purpose on 'Dancing with the Stars'



Petra Nemcova and professional partner Dmitry Chaplin were eliminated only a few weeks into Dancing with the Stars' twelfth season, however Nemcova feels she still fulfilled her purpose for competing on the show.

"It started with [the recent tsunami in] Japan for me and that was really my place to rebuild schools, and that's why I was on Dancing with the Stars -- to dance to raise awareness about children who are forgotten after natural disasters. So, now, the next chapter for me [is] rebuilding schools. That's what I am going to do," Nemcova said during a Wednesday morning appearance on Good Morning America.

While the supermodel and former A Model Life star's participation on the show was a successful means of achieving her desire to help her Happy Hearts Fund charity, Nemcova admitted she also accomplished a personal goal -- learning how to dance.

"Before starting the show, I couldn't even walk. My sister was laughing at me dancing and now, hopefully she's a little bit more proud for me being able to take a few steps... I dance[d] like [an] elephant. Now I dance like a butterfly," Nemcova joked.

Nemcova also explained that while the leaderboard-topping waltz she and Chaplin danced on Dancing with the Stars' April 4 performance show was her best performance of the season, it was also the toughest dance for her emotionally.

"Yes. It has been very, very hard, but I tried to bring as much [positivity] and as much possible change... Dmitry helped me through all of it," the supermodel said.

OTHER RECENT ENTERTAINMENT NEWS HEADLINES

• 'Dancing with the Stars' eliminates Petra Nemcova and Dmitry Chaplin
• 'American Idol' to consider changing voting rules for next season
• Petra Nemcova fulfilled her purpose on 'Dancing with the Stars'
• Pia Toscano to perform on 'Dancing with the Stars' results show
• 'The Biggest Loser: Couples' votes off contestant Ken Andrews
• 'The Bachelor' bachelorette Shayne Lamas pregnant with first child
• Gary Busey's infant hospitalized for treatment of undisclosed illness
• Brad Womack and Emily Maynard's relationship reportedly over
• 'Dancing with the Stars' board topped by Hines Ward, Kym Johnson
• Kara DioGuardi reveals past molestation and date rape in memoir
• Former 'The Bachelor' star Andrew Firestone and wife have baby girl
• Jill Zarin says "liquid facelift" responsible for her surprising new look
• NBC to premiere new 'Love in the Wild' reality dating show on June 1

No comments:

Post a Comment