Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Husband Of Janet Richardson Considers Suing After


The husband of a cruise passenger who died after she was dropped into the Arctic Ocean during a botched rescue attempt is considering suing over her death.

Janet Richardson, 73, was being evacuated from the ship because she was already ill when she fell into the water as paramedics tried to transfer her to a rescue boat on Thursday.

She spent seven minutes in the freezing water but was pulled out alive, however she died later that day.

The grandmother, from near Penrith, was aboard the Ocean Countess cruise liner on a trip along the coast of Norway when she was taken ill with internal bleeding and had to be taken ashore.

However, as she was being transferred into a lifeboat to be taken to hospital, she plunged into the sub-zero waters.

Her husband George, 78, told the Sun: 'I don't think I am going to say I am taking legal action or I am not taking legal action at the minute, I am considering it.

'I don't know if her falling in the water played any part in her death, we'll have to wait for the results of the post-mortem.






No comments:

Post a Comment